CBD for Muscle Recovery
If you want to take care of your physical health, then you probably exercise regularly. At the same time, sore muscles and muscle pain can make it difficult for you to recover quickly. This post workout pain usually stems from muscle inflammation, which is common after the human body exerts itself.
Fortunately, there are ways you can reduce muscle soreness in your muscle fibers with some anti-inflammatory measures. Instead of taking prescription medications or other medications to help you deal with post-workout aches in your muscle groups, it may be helpful to use CBD oil. If your body can recover efficiently, you may be able to encourage muscle growth, adding lean body weight.
How does CBD help you reduce inflammation? How can this help you if you are dealing with post workout pain? There are several examples of CBD products that you should keep in mind.
What Is CBD?
CBD stands for cannabidiol. This is one of the two main substances that is isolated from the hemp plant, also called cannabis or marijuana. Importantly, cannabidiol is not responsible for the psychoactive effects of this plant. That is the responsibility of THC, which stands for tetrahydrocannabinol.
As the stigma surrounding CBD has begun to fade, numerous research studies have been completed, showing that this substance has a variety of medicinal and healing properties. For example, lots of people take CBD as a sleep aid. Other people take CBD to help them with mental health issues. In addition, CBD also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory characteristics that can help you deal with inflammation and pain. This includes pain following strenuous workouts.
If you deal with delayed onset muscle soreness, resting pain is probably at the top of your priority list. Even professional athletes ask, “how much CBD oil should I take” as a part of fitness routines. Clinical trials, including those in animal models, have shown that CBD acts on the body’s nervous system to help reduce the body’s inflammatory response.
How Can You Take CBD?
One of the best parts of CBD is that you can take this substance in a variety of ways. Some people prefer to inhale it. Other people prefer to ingest it. Some people even prefer to apply it directly to the surface of the skin. You can use CBD oil in the form of tinctures, edibles, vapeable e-liquids, or topicals.
If you are taking CBD for the first time, you need to be careful about how much you take. Like other supplements or medications you might be taking, it is important to start low and go slow. Make sure you understand how CBD is going to impact you before you decide to take more of it.
Furthermore, you do want to speak to your doctor before you take CBD for the first time. That way, you make sure this is not going to interact with anything else you might be taking.
If you want to maximize the post-workout benefits of CBD, you should take it immediately after you finish your exercise routine. Furthermore, you should try to ingest it to make sure it spreads to the right muscle groups. That is why a lot of people take to CBD gummies or use CBD tinctures if they are trying to recover following a workout.
How Can CBD Help with Sore Muscles?
Muscle soreness can be a significant problem if you are trying to recover following a workout. Fortunately, CBD can help you recover quickly. There are numerous potential benefits of taking CBD following a workout. These include:
- Reduce Muscle Inflammation: One of the biggest benefits of CBD is that it can help you reduce muscle inflammation. This is an important part of the post-workout recovery process. Even though applying ice can help you reduce inflammation following a workout, this might simply not be enough. If you want to be among elite athletes, then you need to do more. That is where CBD can be helpful. You can ingest CBD or apply it directly to the surface of the skin, reducing inflammation that is taking place. This can help you shorten your recovery time, allowing you to push harder when you go to the gym the next day.
- Reduce Muscle Tension: In addition, you can also use CBD to reduce muscle tension. Post-workout muscle tension is an indication that your tissues are still recovering. If you have this all over your body, you understand how painful this can be. Therefore, you need to use something that will reduce muscle tension. Instead of taking prescription medications, such as benzodiazepines, you can try taking CBD instead. That way, you can reduce muscle tension throughout your body while also limiting any potential side effects. If you reduce muscle tension, you can protect your muscle fibers, allowing you to push yourself harder the next time you work out.
- Treat Muscle Pain: In addition, CBD may also be an effective treatment for muscle pain. Acute pain can be a significant problem. There are countless people who also deal with chronic pain every day. Instead of taking a bunch of medications to help you deal with pain, you should take CBD instead. CBD could be a natural alternative to prescription pain medications for you. It might help you reduce pain by reducing inflammation, reducing pain signals between the muscles and the brain, and reducing muscle sensitivity. If you are having trouble dealing with muscle pain when you finish your workout routine, you may want to take CBD instead.
- Improve Sleep Quality: If you really want to get the most out of your workout, then you need to make sure you get high-quality sleep at night. CBD can help you do exactly that. After you finish your workout routine, your body is going to be flooded with endorphins and epinephrine. This can make it harder for you to fall asleep. CBD might be able to help you fall asleep at night, allowing your body’s restorative processes to activate. For example, your body will remove cellular debris, repair damaged proteins, convert lactic acid in the liver, and help your muscle fibers expand. If you do not get to sleep at night, you can deprive your body of important cortisol levels, reduce testosterone production, and impair the ability of your body to recover. CBD can help you fall asleep at night, allowing your body to recover appropriately.
- Increase Energy Levels: Finally, CBD can also help you increase your energy level. If you work out regularly, you know that being low on energy can impair your ability to work out effectively. CBD works with your body’s endocannabinoid system. The cannabinoids in CBD can help you restore muscle fibers, strengthen your bones, and manage a natural balance of neurotransmitters throughout your body. That way, you have a steady flow of energy during the day. If you want to have strong energy levels the next time you go to the gym, you may want to take CBD after you finish working out.
These are just a few of the biggest benefits of taking CBD after you work out. If you want to get the most out of your CBD, you need to make sure you purchase high quality products from a proven establishment. That is where we can help you.
Choosing the Right CBD for Muscle Pain
As a supplemental dietary product, CBD works best for your whole body if consumed orally. Topical CBD can also be helpful for isolated relief. Before taking high doses of CBD, seek a doctor’s advice and talk to a personal trainer. A few factors you should consider when looking for CBD include:
- Make sure the product is body weight based
- Ensure it does not have any THC from the cannabis plant
- Make sure it will not interact with any other medications you are taking
- Read a few reviews and ratings of the products
CBD appears to improve your wellbeing following a workout, and further studies will explore CBD influences and exogenous cannabinoids on the peripheral nervous system and muscle fibers.
Learn More About the Health Benefits of CBD for Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness
If you are trying to deal with acute inflammation or neuropathic pain as a part of your workout recovery, then you should explore CBD products. There are numerous healthy adults who have already realized that CBD products can deal with post-workout inflammation by binding to the endocannabinoid system.
As further research is conducted, more benefits of CBD are going to be uncovered. If you want to shorten your recovery time, then you should explore the benefits of CBD today.
Let us know if you use CBD to help your body recover after working out! You can tell us on Instagram and Facebook, or just comment below how CBD has helped you stay active.