CBD: A Natural Remedy Coming into Its Own
Although cannabidiol has been used in many cultures for centuries, it is just coming into its own in the American marketplace. Often referred to simply as CBD, this product is just one of the 104 known chemical compounds found in the marijuana plant. Collectively known as cannabinoids, there is no psychoactive component to CBD. This means the product does not produce the “high” associated with its related cannabinoid, THC.
Understanding the Attraction
With a new perspective towards the cannabis plant, both legally and culturally, many individuals are exploring the numerous benefits attributed to the use of CBD. Users report that quality CBD oil may help with:
- Relieving pain
- Ameliorating symptoms related to cancer
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Assisting in substance abuse treatment
While scientists, researchers, and the FDA are actively working to verify these and other potential benefits, there is no question that the popularity of CBD as a natural healer is at an all-time high. As more and more studies are conducted to determine the veracity of these promises, satisfied users are creating a large base of personal testimonies for their particular conditions.
How is CBD Taken or Administered?
Many users of CBD take the liquid orally, using different doses and dilutions. Some prefer to deliver their dose by smoking a particular strain of cannabis that has high CBD content, and others consume it in edibles. A large market is also growing for CBD tinctures, especially among new users. Some use CBD in a topical form, to target physical issues. There are many ways to take CBD, with different methods being more beneficial for certain issues.
The manufacturing of tinctures follows a process of using high-proof grain alcohol for soaking cannabis isolates or flowers for an extended period. By applying low heat to the mixture, the active ingredients are infused into the solution, and then much of the alcohol is cooked off. The resulting liquid is high in CBD content and is readily used in a variety of ways. Tinctures are often flavored or made more palatable. Users will often apply a tincture to their drink, or even take it under the tongue which is called sublingual application.
How Do I Find and Buy CBD Oil?
As consumers learn about this product and its promised advantages, they will begin to search out sources for CBD oil for sale. When they do, they often face questions such as:
- What are the different types of CBD?
- How do I find the best CBD oil?
- What are CBD tinctures?
- Where is the best place to buy CBD oil?
As with all products, it is important to realize that not all CBD oils and products are created with equal quality, potency, or purity. Especially when buying online, the savvy consumer must take the time to search for reputable providers and educate themselves on what to expect in the products they buy.
Here are a few pointers to help in that process:
- Always look for an ingredients list. This is an essential step to ensure your desired benefits aren’t negated by harmful items included in the production
- Look for a lab report from a 3rd party tester. Most reputable sellers will have a lab report for those who are educated buyers. Ask for it and take time to learn how to read it.
- Understand the differences between CBD varieties such as “Full Spectrum”, “Broad Spectrum”, or “Isolate”.
- Ask where the hemp used to produce the CBD was sourced and how it was cultivated.
If the benefits from CBD are what they are presented to be, it is well worth the time to invest in the knowledge necessary to get the right CBD oil in the right delivery form for your particular needs.